NOW HIRING: 2022 GAMEDAY STAFF
The Sioux City Explorers are now hiring gameday staff for the 2022 season, with increased and competitive hourly pay. Applicants must be available for nights, weekends and holidays. If you wish to become a part of the team and be paid to come to the ballpark this summer then this is the job for you.
These positions include:
Scanning tickets at the ballpark entrance gates
Collecting money due for parking in the Lewis and Clark Park lot, and checking for Season Ticket Holder passes
Guiding fans to their designated seats, assisting fans with requests or questions during the game
Team Shop Attendant
Running the Explorers team shop during the game including the cash register and stock room.
Assisting in cooking food from the ballpark menu, running the concession windows and in seat wait staff.
Press Box Staff (Statistics, Video Board, Live Stream, PA Announcing)
Helping in the production of the live internet stream of every home game. Running the in stadium video board. Entering the data and statistics live in game, pitch by pitch, play to play. Announcing over the PA System of batters, pitching changes, promotions and other live in game reads.
Radio Broadcast Production
Hosting the Explorers pre-game and post-game shows. Clipping and editing in game highlights for the post-game show. Running the board during broadcats, including playing spots inbetween innings. Added responsibility of being available when the Explorers play on the road.
If you or someone you know would like to apply for any of these positions please reach out to the Sioux City Explorers by:
Phone: (712) 277-9467
Email: [email protected]
Food and Beverage Director
The Sioux City Explorers are part of the American Association and are located in Sioux City, Iowa. The Explorers will host not only 50+ home baseball games, but also potentially events outside the normal league schedule. Our ballpark has a capacity of approximately 4,000 seats. The ballpark also has bleacher seating, a party deck, and 4 suites. There are five main concession windows operating out of the main concession stand in the main concourse, several portable locations, with storage and cooler/freezer storage underneath the stadium.
The Food and Beverage Director will be responsible for all aspects of the club’s day to
day food and beverage operations, which include:
- Leading the staff of approximately 25 part-time employees;
- Previous experience in purchasing, menu creation, pricing, food presentation,
food preparation, working with vendors and food brokers;
- Hiring employees;
- Managing and scheduling employees;
- Managing / Maintaining Food & Labor Costs to club’s expectations;
- Maintaining equipment and operational cleanliness will be imperative;
- Being able to maintain the point of sale equipment, proper inventory control and
produce sales reports will also be important;
- It will be necessary to balance daily event receipts versus POS & GOS;
- Running a clean and organized operation will be paramount;
In order to be successful a good candidate will be able to create strong partnerships
with other members of management as well as all vendors and employees. This
position is a hands-on position as the culture is a team atmosphere instead of a strictly
top-down delegation model. Candidates must be able to plan the F&B operation with
the multi-pronged goal of a great experience for customers at the same time as
generating a strong revenue stream with solid margins to support the business. Nothing
is more important to us than our brand promise of a great experience for our fans.
- College or Culinary/Trade School degree preferred;
- 5+ years supervisory experience in Food & Beverage Field;
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be organized with good time-management skills;
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications;
- Must possess strong basic math skills;
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals;
- Able to lift 40 lbs; and
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work
location, department or line of business.
- Must have a current Serve-Safe Certification.
- A mix of kitchen, concession, warehouse, outdoor and office environment;
- Can be prolonged periods of standing;
- Long hours will require nights, weekends, holidays; and
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of
work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed
as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not
prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not
establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and Benefits:
To be discussed and determined by experience & qualifications; expected beginning range is $35,000 to $40,000 per year.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and the position will remain active until we find the candidate with the right combination of experience and fit.
The Sioux City Explorers Professional Baseball Team, LLC, a member of the American Association of Professional Baseball, is seeking highly motivated individuals looking to kick start their career in sports. Listed are the openings that the team has available.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the scheduling of pre-game events and in-between inning activities
- Assist with special promotions, theme nights, player-fan interactive events
- Prepare props for game execution
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist with the daily insert and PA script production
- Occasionally represent the Explorers at community events as Slider, the Explorers mascot
- Update the Explorers social media pages
- Assist with all events during each game
- Assist with non-baseball events throughout the season
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager & General Manager
Box Office/Group Sales Internship
Responsibilities will includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the ticket office
- Provide exceptional customer service to all fans
- Assist with general office duties including phone and mail responsibilities
- Proactively sell ticket packages and group packages
- Maintain group sales and ticket package databases
- Process ticket orders via walk up, telephone and online sales
- Operate ticket window for game night
- Assist in supervising Game Day Staff on game nights
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the entire Explorers ticketing system
Stadium Operations/Groundscrew Internship
Assist with all aspects of facility operations and management with Sioux City Explorers baseball games and outside events such as high school games. Provide daily maintenance in the stadium, offices, skyboxes, dugouts. Assist the groundskeeper on game days and non game days.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent follow-through, and have an understanding of appropriate business etiquette
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, and be able to commit to the entire 2019 Explorers home game schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well-organized, and strong computer knowledge
Compensation for all positions will be discussed in the interview.
To apply for a 2021 summer internship, please send your cover letter and resume to Connor Ryan at [email protected]
Game Day Entertainers
The Sioux City Explorers are looking for people who would like to let their creative, goofy side break through by creating characters to entertain the crowd.