NOW HIRING: 2023 GAMEDAY STAFF
The Sioux City Explorers are now hiring gameday staff for the 2023 season, with increased and competitive hourly pay. Applicants must be available for nights, weekends and holidays. If you wish to become a part of the team and be paid to come to the ballpark this summer then this is the job for you.
These positions include:
Scanning tickets at the ballpark entrance gates
Collecting money due for parking in the Lewis and Clark Park lot, and checking for Season Ticket Holder passes
Guiding fans to their designated seats, assisting fans with requests or questions during the game
Team Shop Attendant
Running the Explorers team shop during the game including the cash register and stock room.
Assisting in cooking food from the ballpark menu, running the concession windows and in seat wait staff.
Press Box Staff (Statistics, Video Board, Live Stream, PA Announcing)
Helping in the production of the live internet stream of every home game. Running the in stadium video board. Entering the data and statistics live in game, pitch by pitch, play to play. Announcing over the PA System of batters, pitching changes, promotions and other live in game reads.
Radio Broadcast Production
Hosting the Explorers pre-game and post-game shows. Clipping and editing in game highlights for the post-game show. Running the board during broadcats, including playing spots inbetween innings. Added responsibility of being available when the Explorers play on the road.
If you or someone you know would like to apply for any of these positions please reach out to the Sioux City Explorers by:
Phone: (712) 277-9467
Email: [email protected]
The Sioux City Explorers Professional Baseball Team, LLC, a member of the American Association of Professional Baseball, is seeking highly motivated individuals looking to kick start their career in sports. Listed are the openings that the team has available.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the scheduling of pre-game events and in-between inning activities
- Assist with special promotions, theme nights, player-fan interactive events
- Prepare props for game execution
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist with the daily insert and PA script production
- Occasionally represent the Explorers at community events as Slider, the Explorers mascot
- Update the Explorers social media pages
- Assist with all events during each game
- Assist with non-baseball events throughout the season
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager & General Manager
Box Office/Group Sales Internship
Responsibilities will includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the ticket office
- Provide exceptional customer service to all fans
- Assist with general office duties including phone and mail responsibilities
- Proactively sell ticket packages and group packages
- Maintain group sales and ticket package databases
- Process ticket orders via walk up, telephone and online sales
- Operate ticket window for game night
- Assist in supervising Game Day Staff on game nights
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the entire Explorers ticketing system
Stadium Operations/Groundscrew Internship
Assist with all aspects of facility operations and management with Sioux City Explorers baseball games and outside events such as high school games. Provide daily maintenance in the stadium, offices, skyboxes, dugouts. Assist the groundskeeper on game days and non game days.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent follow-through, and have an understanding of appropriate business etiquette
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, and be able to commit to the entire 2023 Explorers home game schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well-organized, and strong computer knowledge
Compensation for all positions will be discussed in the interview.
To apply for a 2023 summer internship, please send your cover letter and resume to Cheyenne Anderson at [email protected]
Game Day Entertainers
The Sioux City Explorers are looking for people who would like to let their creative, goofy side break through by creating characters to entertain the crowd.