INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Sioux City Explorers Professional Baseball Team, LLC, a member of the American Association of Professional Baseball, is seeking highly motivated individuals looking to kick start their career in sports. Listed are the openings that the team has available.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the scheduling of pre-game events and in-between inning activities
- Assist with special promotions, theme nights, player-fan interactive events
- Prepare props for game execution
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist with the daily insert and PA script production
- Occasionally represent the Explorers at community events as Slider, the Explorers mascot
- Update the Explorers social media pages
- Assist with all events during each game
- Assist with non-baseball events throughout the season
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager & General Manager
Box Office/Group Sales Internship
Responsibilities will includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the ticket office
- Provide exceptional customer service to all fans
- Assist with general office duties including phone and mail responsibilities
- Proactively sell ticket packages and group packages
- Maintain group sales and ticket package databases
- Process ticket orders via walk up, telephone and online sales
- Operate ticket window for game night
- Assist in supervising Game Day Staff on game nights
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the entire Explorers ticketing system
Stadium Operations/Groundscrew Internship
Assist with all aspects of facility operations and management with Sioux City Explorers baseball games and outside events such as high school games. Provide daily maintenance in the stadium, offices, skyboxes, dugouts. Assist the groundskeeper on game days and non game days.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent follow-through, and have an understanding of appropriate business etiquette
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, and be able to commit to the entire 2019 Explorers home game schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well-organized, and strong computer knowledge
Sioux City Explorers Digital Media Intern
This position is for someone who would like hands on experience in digital media for a professional sports franchise. Intern would
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Compiling game notes, stat packs and other needs for press box staff and broadcast.
- Assisting Explorers staff, visiting media and hometown media in the press box.
- Helping maintain the press box, cleanlines, functionality etc.
- Assisting the Explorers presence on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Writing reports for the team website like press releases and game recaps for games at home.
- Keeping the Explorers website up to date with recaps, player bio’s and transactions.
- Helping to create video and audio content, experience in Adobe is a plus.
- Example: Creating a short highlight tape of that night’s game.
- Helping to perform other ball park duties as assigned to interns.
- If a desire to do baseball play by play, innings can be rewarded with good work throughout the season.
- If an interest in baseball play by play, a demo of an unedited inning of play by play.
- Two writing samples, game recaps, press releases any sports writing material, please no personal blogs.
- Any examples of social media and or graphic design experience
- Any examples of video production
- Any other examples that you feel would make you the ideal Digital Media Intern
Compensation for all positions will be discussed in the interview.
To apply for a 2020 summer internship, please send your cover letter and resume to Connor Ryan at [email protected]