Head Athletic Trainer– Sioux City Explorers Baseball Club (Sioux City, IA)
We are looking for a full time/seasonal Certifed Athletic trainer for the 2017 baseball season. Applicant must be available for all 12 days of spring training (May 6-May 17) along with being available for all 50 home games and all 50 road games during the 2017 season (May 18-September 4th). Position may be extended in the event the Sioux City Explorers clinch a spot in the post season playoffs. Applicant will report to the Sioux City Explorers General Manager and Coaching Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the Head Athletic Trainer for all 100 Sioux City Explorer Home and Away games during the 2017 season, while also being at all pre-season spring training games and all team practices during the regular season.
• Establish and maintain accurate medical records for all Sioux City Explorer players and their related injuries during the course of the 2017 season
• Work in conjunction with the Sioux City Explorers Medical Staff to assure proper treatment and rehabilitation programs are being performed for all athletes.
• Responsible for communication on all player injuries with General Manager, Field Manager, and Explorers Medical Staff (Multi Care Physicians Group).
• Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of all trainer supplies and team medical equipment.
• Create stretching program in conjunction with SCEBC Field Manager.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the Athletic training room at all times.
• Follow SCEBC policies and guidelines outlined in Employee Handbook.
• Promote the Sioux City Explorers in a positive manner at all times.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email titled ATHLETIC TRAINER, followed by your name.
Season Ticket & Corporate Sales Representative – Sioux City Explorers Baseball Club (Sioux City, IA)
Are you a dedicated professional with proven sales skills and a blossoming track record in the world of sports and entertainment? We are looking for an individual who is a creative, motivated self-starter to lead our Corporate Partnerships department.
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, the Manager of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for selling all available inventory, with a focus on the local business community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and target potential corporate sponsors at the national, regional and local level.
- Drive strategic lead generation through category analysis and proactive prospect engagement; identify and solicit up to 25 new leads per week.
- Develop, write and present compelling corporate sponsorship and sales proposals to key clients.
- In conjunction with departmental resources, ensure the goals and marketing commitments developed for each client are being met, including any review/reporting requirements.
- Create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required.
- Generating sales through cold calls, networking, and appointment setting
- Retain and grow an assigned book of sponsorship business.
- Serve as the liaison between the Corporate Partnerships Department and team concessionaire.
- Demonstrate ability to work with all personality types at the staff and management levels.
- Liaise with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas.
- Evaluate client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President/General Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a high energy sales position, preferably sponsorship, premium or suite sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent network of local and regional corporate contacts.
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
- Possess the ability to establish relationships within all levels of the company as well as with sponsors and clients.
- Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
- Strong sales proposal experience and presentation experience.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed to ensure excellent customer service is provided to clients attending games.
- Proficiency in using MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint
Salary + Commission – Salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with the email titled MANAGER, CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS followed by your name.
The Sioux City Explorers are always looking for qualified individuals to work on a seasonal basis during all 50 home games at Mercy Field at Lewis & Clark Park.
Positions Available: Box Office, Ticket Takers, Parking attendants, Press Box, Bat Boy/Girl, Ushers)
To Apply: Please send letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email titled GAME DAY ATTENDANTS, followed by your name.